Wednesday, May 1, 2024

April Reading Round Up

 Hi friends! It's the first of the month so you know what that means! Time to go through our reading round up! I'm going to be sharing with you the books that I read in the month of April and what I rated them and why! There will be the Goodreads synopsis in this (and sometimes it can contain spoilers, so please be aware whilst reading!) as well as the Goodreads average rating. If you want to see the full review for the book I will leave the hyperlink of the post in the name of the book (if I have one!). I read 4 books in April so let's get into them!



"Juniper Greene lives in a walled city from which nature has been banished, following the outbreak of a deadly man - made disease many years earlier. While most people seem content to live in such a cage, she and her little brother Bear have always known about their resistance to the disease, and dream of escaping into the wild. To the one place humans have survived outside of cities. To where their mother is.

When scientists discover that the siblings provide the key to fighting the disease, the pair must flee for their lives. As they cross the barren Buffer Zone and journey into the unknown, Juniper and Bear can only guess at the dangers that lie ahead, Nature can be cruel as well as kind... Will they ever find the home they've been searching for?"

My Rating: 4/5 stars
Goodreads Rating: 4.23/5 stars

I'm really glad that I picked this book up because it meant I got to find out everything that I had missed out on in the second one. I really enjoyed this book and would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a good dystopian to read.


Good Girl, Bad Blood | Holly Jackson

"Pip is not a detective anymore.

With the help of Ravi Singh, she released a true - crime podcast about the murder case they solved together last year. The podcast has gone viral, yet Pip insists her investigating days are behind her.

But she will have to break that promise when someone she knows goes missing. Jamie Reynolds has disappeared, on the very same night the town hosted a memorial for the sixth - year anniversary of the deaths of Andie Bell and Sal Singh.

The police won't do anything about it. And if they won't look for Jamie then Pip will, uncovering more of her town's dark secrets along the way... and this time everyone is listening. But will she find him before it's too late?"

My Rating: 5/5 stars
Goodreads Rating: 4.31/5 stars

I really have been enjoying this series and I found the first book to be just as good as the second. I'm really excited to pick up the third book but I'm also not excited for this series to end.


If Only I Had Told Her | Laura Nowlin

"If only I'd told her that I loved her years ago, then I wouldn't be here now.

Finn has always loved Autumn. She's not just the girl next door or his mother's best friend's daughter, she is his everything. But she's not his girlfriend. That's Sylvie, and Finn would never hurt her, so there's no way Autumn could know how he truly feels.

Jack, Finn's best friend, isn't so sure. He's seen Finn and Autumn together. How could she not know? And how is he supposed to support and protect Finn when heartache seems inevitable?

Autumn surrounds herself with books and wants to write her own destiny - but one doesn't always get a new chapter and fate can be cruel to those in love.

Told through three different perspectives, If Only I Had Told Her is a love story brimming with truth, tragedy, and unexpected bonds that heal us."

My Rating: 3/5 stars
Goodreads Rating: 4/5 stars

I'm not gonna lie friends, I was actually kind of disappointed with this book and genuinely felt like we didn't really need to have this perspective. It changed a lot of my feelings for most of the characters (some for the worst, some for the better) and I didn't really like this book as much as I wish I did.



"Naya's family is all about their art, their traditions, their secret ability to see time. They expect her to follow in their footsteps, creating art and keeping their powers concealed. But she wants to be a doctor - and you can't do that if you're hiding all the time! When a chance to go to a medical science camp comes up, her family disapproves, but Grandmother challenges her to a if she can weave her soul wrap before the camp begins, she can go; if she fails, she has to say good - bye to her science dreams for good. With all the knowledge of time at her fingertips, Naya is sure she can win. But someone is rigging events to learn her family's secrets - and it turns out that what she doesn't know could jeopardize everyone she loves."

My Rating: 3/5 stars
Goodreads Rating: 4/5 stars

So for me half of this book was a little boring and tedious to get through and I just didn't find myself wanting to pick it up (I probably would have DNF'd it if it wasn't an ARC), but the second half was actually really enjoyable and fast paced. So I'd say I'm definitely 50/50 about this book!

And that is everything I read in the month of April! I can't wait to see what we dive into in May!

What did you read in April? What's on your TBR for May? What would you recommend for me to read in May? Let me know down in the comments below!

Have a wonderful day!

Love, Doe!

No comments:

Post a Comment