Monday, February 5, 2024

Short AF Book Review | Too Sweet

 Hi friends! So today I'm going to be doing a review on "Too Sweet" by Monroe Wildrose. This review is going to be short and sweet (like the title suggests) and spoiler free (however there will be the Goodreads synopsis in this and sometimes it can contain spoilers so please keep that in mind!)

"Ex - boyfriend is a vampire hunter, fake boyfriend is a vampire. What's a girl to do?

Briar makes a deal with her school's star basketball player, Darcy, to fake date in spite of their glaring differences. But when she finds out he drinks blood with his sack lunch, and that her ex wants his kind dead... she might be in over her head.

Darcy agreed to be Briar's 'boyfriend' until the end of the school year. Now, if he could just control his tottering teenage - vampire hormones, and be rid of the intrusive romantic thoughts about Briar (that are coming much more frequently than he would like.)

Juggling: Type 1 diabetes, teenage dramatics, and vampire stereotypes, they may not make it to graduation"

How I read this book: eBook

So I ended up getting this book on stuff your kindle day because it looked adorable and was a nice short read (under 250 pages). I am actually someone who really enjoys vampire stories and I'm so glad I picked this one up! I genuinely stayed up until 3am just so I could finish this book! The one downfall I will say, however, is that the book is very obviously a young adult and can be juvenile at times. Don't get me wrong, it didn't stop me from enjoying the book, there were just times that I cringed within but was easily fixed by reminding myself than the characters are just teenagers! This is the only fault I had with the book though! It made me laugh so much (there was a twilight quote used in there that made me audibly cackle) and I genuinely enjoyed reading between Briar's and Darcy's perspectives. It was nice to see the grumpy girl, gentle sweetheart of a boy dynamic and I found them both adorable. If you want a cute cheesy little vampire story, I would 100% recommend this!

My Favourite Characters

- Darcy: Darcy is one of the main characters and honestly he's just such a cutie! He's genuinely very kind throughout the book and I found him adorable.

- Crispin: Crispin is Darcy's brother and I honestly love him so much. He's a sarcastic little arsehole in the best way and very much reminds me of my friends when I was a teen.

- Maisie: Maisie is another character that reminds me of my friends from teenagehood, she very much says it how it is and gives as good as she gets. I love seeing her and Briar bouncing off of each other.

My Least Favourite Characters

- Morgan: Morgan is honestly such a spiteful arsehole throughout the book. The author made him very easy to hate.

- Morgan's Whole Ass Family

I gave this book a 4/5 star rating on Goodreads.

What did you think of this book? Who were your favourite or least favourite characters? Do you have any books you'd recommend for me to read and do a review on? Please let me know down in the comments below!

Have a wonderful day!

Love, Doe!

No comments:

Post a Comment