Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Short AF Book Review | Flarestorm | ARC Received By Netgalley

Hi friends!  So today I'm going to be doing a review on "Flarestorm" by Moira Buffini. This review is going to be short and sweet (like the title suggests) and spoiler free (however there will be the Goodreads synopsis in this and sometimes it can contain spoilers so please keep that in mind!)

"The stunning final book in the acclaimed Torch Trilogy, perfect for fans of Sabaa Tahir, Margaret Atwood, and Adreienne Young, set in a future dystopia in which two girls hundreds of miles apart are bound by songlight, the forbidden ability to telepathatically communicate."

I received this book as an ARC from Netgalley, however all opinions are my own.

So the reason I wanted to read this is obviously because I also read the first two books in the series, also as ARCs. Honestly friends, if this wasn't the final book in the series I probably would have DNFd it. Do not get me wrong, there were so many enjoyable moments throughout this book, but because of it being the last one it felt like the author was trying to get everything wrapped up as quickly as possible and it honestly felt disjointed and rushed. I also felt super uncomfortable with how they treated the only trans character throughout this story, especially considering we had such a good experience of meeting him in the second book. Personally, I don't think I'll be reading anything else by Moira due to the experience of reading this series as a whole. I also wouldn't necessarily recommend this series, which is dissapointing consdering how strong the first book was.

I gave this book a 2/5 star rating on Goodreads!

This book comes out on the 22nd October 2026!

What did you think of this book? Who were your favourite or least favourite characters? Do you have any books you'd recommend for me to read and do a review on? Please let me know down in the comments below!

Have a wonderful day!

Love, Doe!

No comments:

Post a Comment