Friday, September 4, 2026

Short AF Book Review | Comfort Read | ARC Received By Netgalley

  

Hi friends!  So today I'm going to be doing a review on "Comfort Read" by Dylan Morrison. This review is going to be short and sweet (like the title suggests) and spoiler free (however there will be the Goodreads synopsis in this and sometimes it can contain spoilers so please keep that in mind!)

"A feel - good M/M cozy romance with fake dating, one slightly demonic orange cat and a slow burn worth swooning over!

Sage Ballard needs to rescue his reputation. Kit Forrest just wants to keep his beloved local bookshop from shutting down. All they have to do is convince the world they're madly in love. Pumpkin spice, old paperbacks, and a romance that's about to get very real..."

I received this book as an ARC from Netgalley, however all opinions are my own.

So the reason I wanted to read this is because I saw it in Netgalley's queer section, thought it sounded like a cute read and I applied for it. Friends, I'm so glad I did. This book is one of the cuter acchilean romances I've read in a long time. This is genuinely going to be the perfect sit down with a hot drink and a warm blanket comfort read for fall. First of all, all of the characters throughout this story were loveable, funny, and had such a heartwarming connection with one another. This was such an easy read for me and I truly would put that down to how good the character writing and develoment was. This story was sweet, funny, and beautifully honest. I laughed with this book, I cried with this book. I genuinely cannot wait to read more of Dylan's books, and I will 100% be grabbing this one when it comes out!

I gave this book a 4/5 star rating on Goodreads!

This book comes out on the 8th October 2026!

What did you think of this book? Who were your favourite or least favourite characters? Do you have any books you'd recommend for me to read and do a review on? Please let me know down in the comments below!

Have a wonderful day!

Love, Doe!

No comments:

Post a Comment