Friday, May 17, 2024

My Favourite Webtoons!

Hi friends! So recently one of my favourite webtoons has ended (my heart is full but broken), so I thought I'd take this opportunity to talk about my top  favourite webtoons! I will try to make this post as spoiler free as possible however I will be including the webtoon description in this post and I can't guarantee they won't have spoilers so please keep that in mind! These will be in no order other than the last one is my number 1!


Hyperfocus | Kip Trevor

"Scenes from my life as a trans guy (he/him), illustrated"

Honestly I love Kip's art so much and I really appreciate how deeply he dives into his experience of being a trans person and how it effects his life. The episodes make for some nice quick reads and I'm so happy he found a platform where he can express himself in his fullest.


Heartstopper | Alice Oseman

"Charlie, a highly - strung, openly gay over - thinker, and Nick, a cheerful, soft - hearted rugby player, meet at a British all - boys grammar school. Friendship blooms quickly, but could there be something more...?"

Honestly I was so late to the Heartstopper game it's a little embarrassing. I refused to watch the tv series until I had caught up with the webtoon though and now that I have, I probably should get round to watching it. This series does hit with some hard hitting topics, so please check trigger warnings. But I'm completely here for the gay romance. I adore this series so much.


Honey And Sweetheart | Hellosushizzy

"Honey's crush of 2 years paid off when Sweetheart agreed to date him and from then on it's been a fun roller coaster. In this slice of life romance, catch moments of their goofy, real life relationship."

So I'm not gonna lie friends, Honey and Sweetheart hasn't actually been updated since 2021, but I binged this series so fast. I adored seeing the little comics about their relationship and even if they're not on webtoons anymore, I hope they're doing well! If you want a cute little realistic slice of life, this is for you!


Loving Reaper | Jenny Jinya

"Animals struggle. Pets and Wildlife alike. The reaper cares for their stories and helps them with the crossover. Short stories about the 'Loving Reaper' to raise awareness and collect funds. Breaking hearts for a good cause."

I'm not gonna lie to you friends this webtoons is mostly heart-breaking, but it also hits some topics which really do need to be talked about, and hopefully brings a bit of awareness about animals going through what they go through in this comic. I adore the activism done through this comic and I hope more people read it!


Lore Olympus | Rachel Smythe

"Witness what the gods do... after dark. The friendships and the lies, the gossip and the wild parties, and of course, forbidden love. Because it turns out, the gods aren't so different from us after all, especially when it comes to their problems. Stylish and immersive, this is one of mythology's greatest stories -- The Taking of Persephone -- as it's never been told before"

If you read the first part of the blog and didn't know that my favourite was going to be Lore Olympus please go on webtoons and read it in it's entirety. I have been reading this series (mostly on fast pass too) every single week since Season 2 came out. I was not prepared for it to end and I cried so much reading that last chapter. This was the whole reason I downloaded webtoons and if you're going to do anything today friends, download webtoons, read Lore Olympus, fall in love with Rachel Smythe's art and writing like I have. This one also hits some heavy hitting topics so please check trigger warnings, but I promise you, you will not be disappointed by this one!

And those are my favourite webtoons! Were any of yours in this list? Do you have any webtoons you'd recommend for me to read? Please let me know down in the comments below!

Have a wonderful day!

Love, Doe!

No comments:

Post a Comment