Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Short AF Book Review | The Woman In Me

 Hi friends! So today I'm going to be doing a review on "The Woman In me" by Britney Spears. This review is going to be short and sweet (like the title suggests) and spoiler free (however there will be the Goodreads synopsis in this and sometimes it can contain spoilers so please keep that in mind!)

"The Woman In Me is a brave and astonishingly moving story about freedom, fame, motherhood, survival, faith, and hope.

In June 2021, the whole world was listening as Britney Spears spoke in open court. The impact of sharing her voice - her truth - was undeniable, and it changed the course of her life and the lives of countless others. The Woman In Me reveals for the first time her incredible journey - and the strength at the core of one of the greatest performers in pop music history.

Written with remarkable candour and humour, Spears's groundbreaking book illuminates the enduring power of music and love - and the importance of a woman telling her own story, on her own terms, at last."

How I read this book: Audiobook

There are a bunch of triggering topics in this book, so please be advised to read up on the trigger warnings before reading this book

.So the reason I wanted to read this book is because like almost all 90's children I grew up listening to Britney Spears's music, watching her movie Crossroads, and genuinely didn't know too much about what was going on in her life until the #FreeBritney movement started. I grew up in genuine awe of this woman yet had no idea who she was beyond her music. "The Woman In Me" gave us every heart-breaking little detail about Britney's story right up until the end of her conservatorship, and shows us what she had to endure throughout her teenage and adult life. I found out so much about the woman who's music I'd grown up with that I didn't expect to find out and as sad as this book is it really is worth a read. This book articulates everything that has happened to Britney beautifully, and definitely gave me a further understanding to everything that has happened to her in private, as well as publicly. The one downside I have with this book is I do wish Britney would've read it herself in the audiobook, however she does explain at the beginning why she doesn't and that's completely understandable. I'm so happy that Britney Spears got to tell her story and I cannot wait to see what's going to happen next for her.

I gave this book a 4/5 star rating on goodreads.

What did you think of this book? Do you have any books you'd recommend for me to read and do a review on? Please let me know down in the comments below!

Have a wonderful day!

Love, Doe

No comments:

Post a Comment