Sunday, August 2, 2026

Short AF Book Review | Gingerbread Bones | ARC Received By Netgalley

 Hi friends!  So today I'm going to be doing a review on "Gingerbread Bones" by Lindsay Lovise. This review is going to be short and sweet (like the title suggests) and spoiler free (however there will be the Goodreads synopsis in this and sometimes it can contain spoilers so please keep that in mind!)

"They're being hunted...

When sixteen - year - old Georgie and her troublemaking brother are shipped off to the wilderness for their stepmother's newest reality show, Georgie is convinced it'll be the worst experience of her life. Two weeks. No phones. Hiking. Camping. Cameras catching every humilating second.

Then she meets Mack Gray. Tattooed, unreadable, and - among a cast of kids already branded as trouble - he's the one she's sure is dangerous.

One night, the counselors are chanting affirmations around the fire. By morning, they're gone.

But the kids are not alone.

Georgie can feel it, stalking them from the shadows - watching, waiting, picking them off one by one. Whatever it is, it isn't just hunting.

It's playing.

And in this game, there seems to be only one ending: no one gets out alive."

I received this book as an ARC from Netgalley, however all opinions are my own.

I'm not going to lie friends, the only reason I requested this book is because I wanted the camp Netgalley badge and this looked like the most interesting story available for the badge on there. However, I was pleasently surprised at how much I loved this book. This book did start off a little slow, obviously it took the time to get us to figure out the setting they were in and who each of the kids were and what they did to be there. But once that was all done the story was non stop horror and action. This book genuinely had me sat on the edge of my seat throughout, and whilst I found the twist a little predictable, it still was exciting to read all the same. I loved to see the character development shine throughout the book, and even found myself rooting for characters I truly hated from the beginning. Even though the main twist was predictable to me, there were so many other twists and turns throughout this story I did not see coming and made it all the more enjoyable to read. I adored this story and definitely think it would be the best halloween read. Please note, however, there are some triggering topics in this book, so please look up the trigger warnings before reading.

I gave this book a 4/5 star rating on Goodreads!

This book comes out on the 4th August 2026!

What did you think of this book? Who were your favourite or least favourite characters? Do you have any books you'd recommend for me to read and do a review on? Please let me know down in the comments below!

Have a wonderful day!

Love, Doe!

No comments:

Post a Comment