Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Short AF Book Review | Songlight | ARC Received By Netgalley

 Hi friends! So today I'm going to be doing a review on "Songlight" by Moira Buffini. This review is going to be short and sweet (like the title suggests) and spoiler free (however there will be the Goodreads synopsis in this and sometimes it can contain spoilers so please keep that in mind!)

"Star - crossed lovers, against - all - odds friendship, and a brutally unforgiving world makes this first in a trilogy utterly unforgettable.

We're two songs joined. And there's a word for that. A harmony.

Elsa is used to hiding the most important parts of herself - her feelings for Rye, her distaste for a world ruled by men, and, most crucially, her gift of songlight. She buries that secret deep inside. In Brightland, those with songlight are called Unhumans and are abhorred. Rye is the only other person Elsa has known with songlight, and their shared bond has brought them together.

Elsa's world begins to fall apart one desperate, heart - wrenching day and she doesn't know where to turn until a girl appears before her. But the girl isn't really there - her songlight has been drawn to Elsa's fantastic grief.

Elsa lives in a remote seaside village; Nightingale, her new friend, lives in a city hundreds of miles away with her father, a government official responsible for rooting out Unhumans. The two never expected to connect via songlight. But when they do, and when they realize the extent of their power, they'll be thrust in the middle of a war that threatens their very existence.

From an award - winning screenwriter making her novel debut comes the powerful, page - turning trilogy perfect for fans of Sabaa Tahir and Adrienne Young."

I received this book as an ARC from Netgalley, however all opinions are my own.

So the reason I wanted to read this book is because I read the description of it on Netgalley and it drew me in so quickly. So I applied for it and was lucky enough to receive it. Friends, I've not had a book this fast paced and well written in a long time. Every moment of this book was full of action, surprises and secrecy, and I just continuously wanted more. I spent quite a few nights up until the early hours of the morning reading this one and that is not something I have done in a while! The multiple POVs we got of this book were incredible, this is such a flushed out and information filled story that I don't think we would of got everything without it being multiple POV and the way that they wrote it made it so that it wasn't confusing at all of who was speaking. This book fully played on my emotions, there were so many times where I was rooting for the characters but also so many times where my heart hurt for them. I loved every single moment of reading this book and with a cliff-hanger like that, I can't wait until the second book comes out!

I gave this book a 5/5 star rating on Goodreads!

This book is already out!

What did you think of this book? Who were your favourite or least favourite characters? Do you have any books you'd recommend for me to read and do a review on? Please let me know down in the comments below!

Have a wonderful day!

Love, Doe!

No comments:

Post a Comment