Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Short AF Book Review | Clementine's Parlor Of The Extraordinary And Curious

 

Hi friends! So today I'm going to be doing a review on "Clementine's Parlor Of The Extraordinary And Curious" by Monroe A. Wildrose. This review is going to be short and sweet (like the title suggests) and spoiler free (however there will be the Goodreads synopsis in this and sometimes it can contain spoilers so please keep that in mind!)

"Clementine has always felt right at home in Fairvein, even if the island's occupants find her outlandish. With a shop full of magical oddities her life is exactly as she likes it. But when a royal elven guard shows up, demanding an item she doesn't have in stock, he insists she journeys with him to find it. A cheerful human and a stoic guard roam the country and may just find true love despite their differences."

So the reason I wanted to read this book is because I previously read and loved "Too Sweet" by the same author so I thought I would check out some of her other works as most of them are on kindle unlimited! Friends I'm so happy I read this book. This is such a cute short little read that has the most adorable romance in. If there was ever a book I'd use to describe "cosy fantasy" this would 100% be the one. The storytelling was gorgeous and captivating and genuinely had me giggling and kicking my feet. I loved the witty banter between the characters and the connection that they have with each other. There was so much good character development in such a short amount of time. I also appreciated that the author didn't over describe the settings within the book and kept the descriptions simple as it made it really easy for me to imagine the scenes she was describing. (I find sometimes that fantasy books can be over descriptive but I did not feel that way with this one at all). I will definitely be reading the second book in this series and I feel like Monroe is 100% going to be added to my auto - buy authors. I would recommend this to anyone who just wants a cute, cosy short romantasy to read.

I gave this book a 5/5 star rating on Goodreads!

 What did you think of this book? Who were your favourite or least favourite characters? Do you have any books you'd recommend for me to read and do a review on? Please let me know down in the comments below!

Have a wonderful day!

Love, Doe!

No comments:

Post a Comment