Friday, May 3, 2024

Short AF Book Review | Good Girl, Bad Blood

 Hi friends! So today I'm going to be doing a review on "Good Girl, Bad Blood" by Holly Jackson. This review is going to be short and sweet (like the title suggests) and spoiler free (however there will be the Goodreads synopsis in this and sometimes it can contain spoilers so please keep that in mind! Even more so for this as this is the second book in the series!)

"Pip is not a detective anymore.

With the help of Ravi Singh, she released a true - crime podcast about the murder case they solved together last year. The podcast has gone viral, yet Pip insists her investigating days are behind her.

But she will have to break that promise when someone she knows goes missing. Jamie Reynolds has disappeared, on the very same night the town hosted a memorial for the sixth - year anniversary of the deaths of Andie Bell and Sal Singh.

The police won't do anything about it. And if they won't look for Jamie then Pip will, uncovering more of her town's dark secrets along the way... and this time everyone is listening. But will she find him before it's too late?"

So the reason I wanted to read "Good Girl, Bad Blood" is obviously because I very much loved the first book in the series and I'm trying to read the series before the TV show comes out! I did not know how Holly was going to continue this series as it seemed almost everything was wrapped up in the last book, and honestly friends, I couldn't of asked for a better sequel. I read this book in less than 2 days because it had me on the edge of my seat the whole time and I just wanted to know how this was all going to end. I've not been this invested in a story in such a long time and I honestly did not want to put this book down. Holly did a multitude of things I just didn't think was going to be possible: 1: There were so many twists and turns I truly did not expect to happen, every time we got deeper it seemed like more and more secrets came out that I just wasn't expecting. 2: I ended up feeling sad for people that I absolutely despised in the first book and did not know it was going to be possible for me to cry for characters I hated. 3: It also made me really dislike characters who I actually found likeable in the first book who I genuinely never thought I was going to feel that way about. Overall I loved every minute of this book and would definitely recommend this to anyone who just wants a good Mystery series to sit down with!

My Favourite Characters:

Pip: I still loved how much of a true crime girly boss Pip is and I hope she sticks with it for the last book!

Ravi: Ravi is still a literal angel in this book. My only downside is I wish we got more of him in this book than we did.

Cara: I love that Cara was still very much present in Pip's life and some of the one liners she came out with were honestly comedy gold.

My Least Favourite Characters:

Max: Max is still a piece of shit character. I still hate him.

Epps: Listen, I know Epps was probably just doing his job but it didn't make me dislike him any less.

I gave this book a 5/5 star rating on Goodreads.

What did you think of this book? Who were your favourite or least favourite characters? Do you have any books you'd recommend for me to read and do a review on? Please let me know down in the comments below!

Have a wonderful day!

Love, Doe

No comments:

Post a Comment